Having a clutch replaced is a costly and labor-intensive proposition, involving separating the transmission from the engine. Driver and passenger safety is paramount; at the same time, it’s best to be sure the clutch is really failing, or “Slipping,” before investing in expensive repair work and a replacement clutch. Fortunately, failing clutches present some distinct symptoms.
Signs that your clutch may be failing:
- Shuddering when taking off
- Difficulty with changing gears
- Noisy gear shifts
- The response from the clutch pedal has diminished
- High revs from a standing start, or when going up hills.
Do you want your vehicle to get a professional diagnosis? We are highly trained in diagnosing any problems of this nature. Our kristol mechanics can service, repair, or replace your clutch if necessary.
Our clutch servicing includes
- Looking at the free-play (adjustment) in the clutch cable
- Adjusting the clutch cable if needed
- Checking the clutch fluid( hydraulic system)
You’ll be happy to know we can complete a clutch adjustment in less than 10 minutes.
The way you drive plays a big part in the longevity of your clutch, for instance if youre consistently riding the clutch – the wear and tear would be a lot quicker than an average clutch. Typically caused by your clutch being partially engaged. Do this, it causes the clutch to be unable with the flywheel causing a premature wear.